Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Democracy or Something that is far from it...You be the judge!


Is it possible for you to put us in touch with someone from the ACLU, NAACP, heck even the Justice League or Judge Judy???


I can't get our church leaders, elected leaders, or seemingly anyone else to help us by speaking out on the record .  Which is  a shame!!!

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.  James 2:14-17

I don't know what more I can do.  The citizens here in the district are afraid to speak b/c many work for the city, so there is not much they can do.  Especially since they are going through Union negotiations and are under constant threat of layoffs.  Many of our churches receive funds from the City or require the City's approval for grants, etc... so they can do their good works so they are hesitant on getting fully involved, as they should.  Since these preachers are heads of a church whose body is being attacked by the City.  I have reached out to them and pleaded, quoted scripture, and everything else that I could think of.  I don't know what else I can do.  

There is only 2 business days left until this City Commission votes on the passage of this piece of municipal legislation, while 8,563 registered voters of which 5,361 are black/654 Hispanic/563 other, occurs and even if it is not constitutionally wrong this is wrong period.  Why no one will speak up with us is beyond me.  I appreciate you guys allowing us your show last Sunday, but this situation requires more than what I can give it, apparently.  

I have contacted Governor Scott's office to no avail, they basically said there is nothing they can do, although they caused this mess on 4/14/11.  

Gwyn Clark Reed, asked the City to compromise and postpone the public hearing until July 19, 2011, the actual date of the election, at least she tried bless her heart, which is more than can be said for some.  Please note that whoever is elected Commissioner on July 19, 2011 would not actually take office until August and would not have had any time to review this situation from a Commissioners perspective and so this really does not give us the equal representation that we seek, but it was at least an offer, that the City Manager, Burgess Hanson, blatantly turned down.  

Alcee Hasting's people basically said that they will try and get someone to the meeting according to, Art, but I haven't heard anything from them since.  


Christopher Smith's people never returned any of our calls, but apparently his senior aide, Diane, knows because she has been talking to everybody in the office about it, at least that is what I hear when I call and they advise me to leave her a message, while they so jovially explain "Oh she talked to me about that yesterday" or this morning.  

Allen West's people, John B., called and advised that they will look into it and that was a week and a half ago, so I called them this morning and spoke with a Senior Assistant, Ari, and they basically told me that there was nothing they could do because they see this as a State and Local issue and they would forward my message to John. Well, a violation of a registered voters Constitutional rights is a state and local issue not worthy of the time of US Congressman, WOW!.  

Kristin Jacobs' people got back to me on Friday stating that due to the ethics laws of Broward County Commissioner she cannot "lobby down", well I asked them to lobby whoever even if they have to lobby up to the Governor himself, so I called this morning 10:20am and they have still not heard anything.  

Bill Nelson's people forwarded this over to the Department of Justice but that might take thirty days for resolution, if any.  Heck, Obama's people...well suffice it to say they were busy and would get to it when they could, understandable he is dealing with the whole world.  The same can not be said of these others.

I know I am young and I don't know how this political "game" works, but I do know what is happening is wrong and it is wrong that our leaders are not stepping in to at the very least get some media attention to this so people who really care can get involved or those who will see a benefit in the publicity.  At this point I don't care, I need someone's help with this before this community is set to ruin. It is time we stop playing "games" with peoples lives, liberty, and happiness. 

People outside this community, namely Chaz Stevens, has stated that we deserve this and that we forfeited our rights when we voted for Sylvia.  I do believe that many of the people outside our District and obviously our City's elected representatives and staff probably agree with him, but my thing is she is one of many politicians that may or may not have done something that was illegal, but I didn't know an American citizen forfeited their Constitutional rights when they voted for someone who would be eventually accused of doing something unlawful.  If that is the case no one would have any rights, Edwards, Nixon, Capellini, Gonot, any of the Bush's and School Board of Broward County Elected officials, and a whole slew of others.

The time for playing "games" is over, it is time for action!


Join us as part of the solution or continue to ignore us, which makes you part of the problem.


Update:  3:30pm Christopher Smith's aide, Diane, called and informed me that the Smith had contacted the Senate Counsel and they advised this is a local issue and there is nothing that can be done.  I am finding this so hard to believe that US elected officials can do nothing when citizens are asserting that their constitutional rights are being violated.  Especially, given the special circumstances that arose due to no fault of those citizens.  This is just amazing to me that they all would turn a blind eye and put it off on someone else and then nobody does anything.




4:00pm called Alcee Hastings people and they basically said that they got information out to the churches, which is not what they said a week ago.  The man who was on the phone (I should have gotten his name) basically told me that somehow this is our fault and that the ball was dropped.  I've been emailing and calling them for the last couple of weeks to no avail.  He actually stated that the voters shouldn't be mad at Alcee or his office staff that we should only be mad at Peggy Noland, Mayor and the Commissioner and the state officials.  He indicated that this is not a Federal issue and therefore they will not get any further involved than what they have done already, which is nothing.  We had already contacted the churches in the community so big whoop, Art.  This guy had the nerve to actual state that the ball had been dropped at so many levels, but basically they would not help and pick it up as it is their court.  What are you good for then, besides getting a paycheck costing us money.  The funny thing is I would have been able to accept this more had these not been "black leaders" (it's ashame to say that, but its true)

The world is to full of politicians and not enough Statesman.  Politicians that have sold our communities out for thirty pieces of silver. 

We need to get rid of these Politicians, as they are a detriment to our communities and ouCountry.  I have become so disheartened by this entire process that I will not be voting for any incumbent when the time comes and will do everything in my power to lend a voice to alternative choices.  The long standing power houses in the Black community have to go.  We need to ensure that we grow along with the country and I have been convinced by my experience with this situation and the willingness of our supposed leaders to sit back and allow this injustice to occur.  This is what we have wrought, our apathy and political inactivity over the years have allowed our elected leaders to take us for granted. 

Well, I say no longer.  We put you there and i'll be damned if we let you stay there when, at our time of most need, you sat back and tried to put the blame on someone else.  This is your fault!  Your willingness to be an accomplice to the raping of our communities is deplorable and GOD will see to it that you all get your just punishments at a time he has ordained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is welcome to comment, but all comments represent the views of the poster and not this site.