Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Broward Health for the people or for themselves??????Cont'd Day 2

One day has gone by since I wrote about Broward Health and emailed them.  I have yet to hear back from anyone from that organization.  I emailed a copy of the complaint to the MCA Division of Medical Quality Assurance @ The Florida Department of Health this morning and I will see what they have to say.


I am not looking for anyone to get fired, but what I do want is for some protocols or standards to be put in place that their employees must follow to ensure that service to the public comes first.


Broward Health's facilities seem to foster a work culture that promotes laziness, lack of care and concern for the patient.  This type of work culture is the reason why the hospitals and doctors are in the predicament they are in now because they forget about the needs of the patient and provide sub-standard care which leads to malpractice and wrongful death suits.  


So to any Broward Health Personnel, I hope that you are not responsible for this work culture and that you all begin to treat your patients as you would want to be treated, if the roles were reversed.  We all deserve to be treated with dignity, respect, and care.  Being to your station on time or at least when you say you will be and keeping appointments is all part of that.  Just because someone is receiving free assistance does not mean that they deserve any less care or worse treatment than the privately insured, which by the way is not much better.

2 comments:

  1. sad be the case for those who treat any kind of patients that way.Insured or Unsured......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is sad. This type of treatment cannot be allowed to continue. It happens because we allow it to happen and it's up to us to stand up for our brothers and sisters, especially when they will not stand up for themselves. It's funny because the day that this incident happened, another event occurred that I didn't write about which supports what I just said. A woman (she was Haitian) who may or may not have been in line for the pharmacist before 12 came back in at 1:28pm and tried to get her space back. Well, several other people had come in since she left and they were looking all crazy but no one said anything. So I asked one of the people in line (a white guy)if it was okay with him that she basically cut in line. He shrugged his shoulders and said "it really isn't". So that was all needed I approached her and advised her that the clinic had signed posted indicating that "no holding of seats" basically "leave this place, lose your space". She looked at me like I was crazy and I repeated it and then asked if she understood or should I repeat myself in Creole (which I don't speak, but would have made a damn good effort...lol) Well, the security staff came up and told her I was right and that she would have to get to the back of the line. Suffice it to say the people in the line thanked me for intervening. This is what I talking about. the injustice did not affect me and those it did did nothing, just stood by. this type of mentality has to stop. We need to start standing up for ourselves, in our personal and professional lives, as well as in our government. This comment is sol long I will repost

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome to comment, but all comments represent the views of the poster and not this site.